Global Accounts, Organizations, and Roles - help w/ workflow

Jump to solution
03-18-2014 10:08 AM
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II
Hi all,

I'm hoping for some help and clarification in defining a workflow or set of processes in working with AGO across multiple organizations.

I am an admin of an organization - Org A.  I have a colleague who is the admin of another organization - Org B.

I'd like to invite her to become a part of Org A as a member of a specific group. Will she have to create another account for this? Will her global account allow her to belong to two organizations - one as an admin and one as a user?

The reason for this that Org A is County government, Org B is municipal government. We'd like to eventually have a number of municipal government users (in a limited role) as a part of our Org but still have the municipal users have their own organizational accounts (which they get due to their desktop license).

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. I feel as I might be complicating things needlessly. Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this before I start issuing invitations or assigning roles to folks.

Thank you,

Carmie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyNorris
New Contributor III
Hi Carmie,
You can invite users outside of your organisation to join a specific group.  Just as you would invite users within your organisation but untick the box that says "Only search for members in your organisation".

Their profile will need to be public for you to be able to search for them: under my profile it needs to say Who can see your profile? Everyone (public)

As I understand it, the admin or Org B will then be able to view all the contents within the group of Org A, and contribute as a normal user.

We use this method for exactly the same reason you suggest.  Inviting stakeholders to view a specific subset of our data.

Hope this helps,
Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndyNorris
New Contributor III
Hi Carmie,
You can invite users outside of your organisation to join a specific group.  Just as you would invite users within your organisation but untick the box that says "Only search for members in your organisation".

Their profile will need to be public for you to be able to search for them: under my profile it needs to say Who can see your profile? Everyone (public)

As I understand it, the admin or Org B will then be able to view all the contents within the group of Org A, and contribute as a normal user.

We use this method for exactly the same reason you suggest.  Inviting stakeholders to view a specific subset of our data.

Hope this helps,
Andy
0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi
New Contributor II
Hi Carmie,

Hope this helps,
Andy

This absolutely does help! Thank you, Andy!
0 Kudos