bivilin

Batch Clip (Editing Session)

Discussion created by bivilin on Mar 18, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2014 by rpalmer79
I'm trying to correct some topology errors in my geodatabase, now focusing on two feature classes: grass and buildings. They must not overlap. However, there are plenty of spaces where the grass was generalized, thus, covering entire buildings. There are no automatic fixes for this errors - unfortunately the subtract function deletes the overlapping part of both features, when I'd only like to delete the grass feature class and preserve the building feature class.

In this way, I'm using the "Clip..." function on the Editor Menu to use the buildings to cut out this portion of the grass. However, there's no way to select more than one building at a time to apply this function.

I cannot use the Erase Function from ArcToolBox, because the same inconsistence can happen also in the other way: generalized buildings covering grass areas. Also, I wouldn't like to have an output feature class, once I just need to change the shape of my features, nothing else.

Long story short, is there any way I could use the "Clip..." function from the Editor Menu with multiple polygons, by selecting them all at a time?

Outcomes