Fill Sinks Error

03-17-2014 05:49 AM
Labels (1)
CameronAmrine
New Contributor
Greetings,

I am working on a project that is modeling runoff at a county level. The DEM used is lidar derived and has a 5 ft resolution. The general workflow I am flowing is

Sink evaluation---> Sink Selection (to give a minimum drainage area) ----> Fill sinks (using the deranged polygon from the sink evaluation and the 'Use IsSink field' option.

When I run the fill sinks tool i receive the error:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041098): ERROR 010429: Error in GRID IO: MtVatBldNew: Value range for c:\users\user\appdata\local\temp\arcc79c\ah2014~4\tmp2675  exceeds 100000 .
ERROR 010429: Error in GRID IO: and number of unique values exceeds 500 ..
ERROR 010236: Error in building VAT.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
   at ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoAnalyst.RasterConversionOpClass.ToRasterDataset(IGeoDataset dataset, String rasterFormat, IWorkspace pWorkspace, String name)
   at ESRI.APWR.ApHydro.ArcHydroOp.FillSinks(ApLayers& aplayers, Boolean useIsSink, Boolean fillAll, Double fillLimit, ITrackCancel trackCancel, IGPMessage messages, String& exMessage) in C:\Builds\HydroSolutions\10.1_ArcHydro\Sources\ArcHydroTools\src\ApHydro\ArcHydroOp.vb:line 57592
Failed to execute (FillSinks).

I thought this was telling me that the DEM was too large in size, so I tried running the tool again with several subsets by using a polygon to determine the processing extent. This results in the same error and I am not sure why. I have tried the usual fixes (deleting temp files, checking output locations, using the toolbox vs. the toolbar) and the error still occurs.

Like I said, I assume its telling me the tables I am using are too large, but I have made the subsets very small and the error continues.

Can anyone offer insight on this or help me figure out what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any help that can be offered.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
This error is new to me. At least I don't recall seeing it. Also, I've also not used the exact tools you are using (sink evaluation or sink selection).  If your project is on your local computer and you have your output data on your local computer, you will elimiate any error caused by doing the work over a network. For me, doing this has virtually eliminated puzzling errors. Also, checkout the link in my signature for other Arc Hydro tips.
0 Kudos