huffmanp

"The parameter is incorrect" ArcGIS Server connections

Discussion created by huffmanp on Mar 13, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 by huffmanp
I have a user that reports that after running Spybot Search and Destroy, and correcting a few issues, (as recommended by our IT guy) now all his map projects that use services.arcgisonline.com are showing those map layers are missing or moved. He's running ArcGIS 10.x Win 7 pro 64.  When I opened up his ArcCatalog, there were red x's on his AS connections. When I tried to make a new connection to services.arcgisonline/arcgis/services,  AC came back with an error "Error: The parameter is incorrect".  Not a very helpful message. 

There were some cases in the forum where this was corrected by changing the settings of Internet Explorer away from "work online"  However, we are now running IE 11, and that is not an option to be found in IE settings.  But it does point to some internet connection change on the system that was made by Spybot. 

Yesterday, I ran Spybot Search and Destroy on my WIN 7 64 PC as well, and my ArcServer connections  to ArcDesktop 10.2.1 are still working.

Outcomes