djmacchioni

CityEngine2012 is not authorized for use error when utilizing network license

Discussion created by djmacchioni on Mar 11, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 by MBuehler-esristaff
We have access to a university-wide site license for ArcGIS and CityEngine products.  We have CityEngine installed on 8 workstations and 7 of them work.  The lone holdout DID work last week but now is no longer able to open.  We get the error:

"CityEngine is not authorized for use.  Access the ArcGIS Administrator.  Click on the product folder on the left (e.g. Desktop), then select the Single Use product you will be using and click the 'Authorize Now' button.  If you have already received an authorization file from Esir, choose the third option 'I have received an authorization file from Esri and am now ready to finish the authorization process'

The license is authorized and, as I said, we use it on many other workstations plus there are labs all over campus that use it.  NOTE: there ARE 500 available licenses when I go to try to start CityEngine.

The only thing that has changed from when it worked last week and stopped working yesterday is that a new site license was put into place.  I don't think that's causing it because everything else is working but I just thought I'd mention it.  I did check the esri.license file in the user's home directory and it looks the same as all the others.  I tried changing the DNS name of the license server to the IP address instead and also added the port but none of that worked.

Any other suggestions?

Outcomes