Oracle Security Solutions and ArcSDE Geodatabase

Jump to solution
03-09-2014 08:26 AM
EmadAl-Mousa
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

is there any official link from ESRI that provides what are the Oracle Security Solutions that can be implemented over (certified with) ArcSDE Geodatabase ?

such as Oracle virtual private database, Label Security, encryption, database vault.....etc
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NidhinKarthikeyan
Oracle Database Security Solutions is not formally supported by Esri. Those security solutions are more into RDBMS level and I believe that it won???t work with versioned data. Recommended to use it in simple feature class and while you work on Relationship Classes and Domains, things become complex.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Take a look at ArcGIS Enterprise Security whitepaper:
http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/arcgis-security.pdf
Also go through Implementation section (Page 39-41).

Delivering Secure ArcGIS Solutions.
0 Kudos
EmadAl-Mousa
Thanks Nidhin,

all what i have seen so far is only presentation material. there is no "recent" white paper about ArcGIS Security which is a very important topic for the enterprises !
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Oracle Database Security Solutions is not formally supported by Esri. Those security solutions are more into RDBMS level and I believe that it won???t work with versioned data. Recommended to use it in simple feature class and while you work on Relationship Classes and Domains, things become complex.
0 Kudos