Missing service after upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2

03-05-2014 03:00 PM
LisaArnold
New Contributor II
Running into an odd issue after upgrading ArcGIS Server from 10.1 to 10.2. I published a service and did not receive any errors when publishing. If I look at my server via the admin connection in ArcCatalog, I see the service I published. If I login to ArcGIS Server Manager or look at my server's Services Directory page, I don't see the service.

Is this maybe a problem with the web adapter? I upgraded and registered the web adapter along with the server upgrade. Any thoughts here appreciated.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
After upgrading, did you re-authorize your ArcGIS for Server site with a 10.2 license?  As an example, if your 10.1 site had been authorized by a 10.1 Advanced license, then you would need to authorize your 10.2 site with a 10.2 Advanced license.  The services should re-appear after you re-authorize with the new license.
0 Kudos
LisaArnold
New Contributor II
I had not remembered to re-authorize for 10.2. I did that now but the services did not show up. I tried republishing the services, it knows they are there in some form because it told me a service with the same name already existed. I renamed just as a test, but the same thing happened. The service published, but it is not showing up in server manager. Any other ideas on this?
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Now that you've re-authorized, try restarting the ArcGIS for Server windows service.  It's a long shot, I know, but go ahead and do it to be thorough.

Another thing to check... when you go to the services directory, is the behavior different when you use the web adaptor to access the site versus going directly to ArcGIS for Server (i.e., 6080 URL vs. not)?
0 Kudos
LisaArnold
New Contributor II
No luck with the restart.

The behavior is the same in Services Directory using the 6080 URL or not.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Strange.  How about ArcCatalog?  Try making an Administrator connection to your server from there.  I'm still doing some research on this... hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this!

EDIT: I just thought of something.  ArcGIS for Server services are only visible to the services directory if they are configured as Pooled.  Setting the service to Non-pooled should cause it to not show up in the list.  Can you please confirm your pooled settings for some of your services in the Pooling tab from their Service Properties?
0 Kudos
LisaArnold
New Contributor II
Thanks for the help on this.

I don't see the service in ArcCatalog with an administrator connection. And the services are set as pooled.
0 Kudos
Waan
by
Occasional Contributor

Lisa, did you ever resolve this? Looking into an upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2 and this seems like an important hiccup.

0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
You should contact Esri support.  I wish I could've helped you, but other than a complete uninstall and reinstall of AGS I can't think of anything else that you missed.
0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
Are there folders for that service under the input folder, (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput), output directory, (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput), and under the config-store, (C:\arcgisserver\config-store\services)?
0 Kudos