Zoom Level Issues

03-03-2014 01:45 AM
GaryPayea
New Contributor
I am using the Map Tour template hosted by ArcGIS Online. I am using the topographic base map. I have a problem with the zoom levels. While I am viewing locations in the United States, I can set the zoom level as high as I want. When I start viewing locations in Europe and Japan, the base map is blank at levels higher than Level 13 (1:72K). I can see the place icon but no map.

Anyone have similar experiences?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
As far as I know the Topographic Basemap has quite consistent data at high scale in the US, Europe and Japan.
Maybe you are using the Terrain basemap? How is your webmap displaying in ArcGIS.com viewer? If the basemap hasn't the same behavior in ArcGIS.com and MapTour let me know. Otherwise i hope you will find another basemap that fits your need.
0 Kudos
GaryPayea
New Contributor
That's the interesting thing, in ArcGIS Online, the map functions perfectly. It is only with the story map application that I have problem. I have also made several versions of this to tweak other functions, and they all have this same problem.

Thanks for looking into this.
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Ok, very surprising.
I can't seem to reproduce. Please share a link to your application here or with me privately so that I can look further.
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

The issue has been resolved with the latest release of Map Tour that happened on July 2nd (ArcGIS Online and downloadable version on GitHub).

0 Kudos