Configuring Popups with Group Layers?

Jump to solution
03-02-2014 06:52 AM
Occasional Contributor III
Hello!  It is common in my organization to use group layers which contain the same feature class categorized in multiple ways.  When I publish a service to AGOL, I end up making the exact same adjustments to the popup over and over for each sublayer.  Is there any way to preconfigure this in ArcMap (or AGOL) to avoid the repetition? 

An example: I have a group layer called Crosswalks.  The layer has three sublayers: Compliant, Compliant but Flagged, and Non-compliant.  When I publish the service and open it in the AGOL web map, I end up configuring the popups for all three sublayers.  Putting spaces in the field names, etc.  Is there a way to do this only once?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLohr
Have you tried setting field aliases in your mxd? I think this will do it. Also could be done on geodatabase feature classes at the gdb level.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulLohr
Have you tried setting field aliases in your mxd? I think this will do it. Also could be done on geodatabase feature classes at the gdb level.
0 Kudos
It never occurred to me to use the alias, and it works beautifully.  Thank you--this will save me quite a bit of time!
0 Kudos