Snyc data disappearing

02-26-2014 11:05 AM
ToddPlank1
New Contributor II
I am trying to sync data between my desktop and AGOL.  I am following the steps outlined under "Making a local copy of a features service for editing" and "Syncronizing local edits the with server".  For now this is a trial attempt to see if it works.  I have added a single point feature on the desktop side, manhole for example.  When I attempt to snyc it back to AGOL the single point disappears on my desktop and never shows in AGOL.  Am I missing something?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor
I'm experiencing the same issue on a new feature service I created today (3/14/14). I'm using ArcMap 10.1.
0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Did you figure out what was causing this for you?

0 Kudos
PaulStephenson
Occasional Contributor III

I have been having the same disappearing edits problem recently. I noticed however that since the update last week that the option to Create Local Copy for Editing is no longer available when I pull certain feature services into ArcMap. Anyone else seeing these issues?

Update: "Create Local..." is fine, I had both a map service and feature service going and was grabbing the wrong one...

As for the syncing, I was working on and off with ESRI technical support and in my case it seems that there were attribute fields set to not allow null values in the original data causing kind of a silent fail when not populated.

0 Kudos
KendellRyan
Occasional Contributor

Turns out the null values was my issue as well.

0 Kudos