jryanfww

PDF Open Paramater-# Being Encoded to %23 in the Mobile App Causing a 404 Error (IOS)

Discussion created by jryanfww on Feb 26, 2014
I'm not sure if anyone has asked this question in the past so I'm going to go ahead and give it a try.

I am creating links in popups within an AGO map which, when click, open up a pdf from a webpage to a specific page in that pdf using a '#' anchor and then the 'page=' parameter.  Everything works fine in the desktop browser version of AGO and the pdf opens to the page desired.

The problem is with the mobile apps in IOS.  When using either Collector or the Green app, I am unable to open the pdf to the page as the '#' anchor is being encoded as '%23.'  Every time I try to open the pdf to the specific page, I get a 404 error.  If I open the pdf in Safari and then manually change the encoded value back to '#,' it works just fine but this is not particularly easy to do nor very functional.

Has this problem been addressed and/or corrected?  Is there a potential workaround?  I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a fix.

Any help is much appreciated!  Thanks in advance!

Outcomes