Noodles484

Geoprocessing services fail after 10.2.1 update, UNC path at fault

Discussion created by Noodles484 on Feb 25, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 25, 2014 by Noodles484
Hi,   I have multiple geoprocessing tools that worked in 10.1 perfectly.  I upgraded to 10.2.1 last week and they have broken.  (Image/map services work fine.)  Also, I skipped 10.2 and upgraded from 10.1 to 10.2.1 on this windows server 2008r2 machine.  I traced down the cause of the fails to a spatial join with a feature class referenced by a UNC path (\\ip_adress\folder\data)

Technically, the service doesn't fail, the final output just doesn't include a column it was supposed to have after the join.  When the tool first failed, I re-ran it on in ArcGIS for Desktop and re-published it to Server.  The tool works perfectly in Desktop and publishes without any errors to Server.  Nor are any errors given in any log. 

All data locations and oracle connections are properly entered and verified in the data source section of Server.  I've ran it on the server itself (in Desktop) and published from the server itself without any luck UNTIL I changed the data path from UNC to a C: location.  

So I am in the position of editing and republishing each tool after dropping the UNC path.  Has anyone got a work-around for this to avoid several hours of work?

Outcomes