AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot Access Map Services - Silverlight

Question asked by rhalko on Feb 25, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 8, 2014 by rhalko
My problem is quite common - I have a Silverlight application on a web server, attempting to access map services on our GIS server.

I have IIS running on the GIS server, tested the app there, no problems of course. I developed the application my PC... when I debug as "localhost:53843", it also has no problem loading the data from GIS server.

When I added the application on the web server, identical to the GIS server (IIS 7, with correct MIME types), it cannot load the services (GUI loads nicely). Now, we do have the clientaccesspolicy.xml and crossdomain.xml setup. We know they work because we already have a Silverlight GIS application accessing services the same way that my new application wants to. But for some reason my application cannot connect through.

I believe the problem is with how I reference the services in xaml, or potentially that my application is not requesting clientaccesspolicy.xaml - it doesn't show up when I look in Fiddler. Is there some configuration I must do to have my custom application check for clientaccesspolicy.xaml?

Here is an example from xaml:
<esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer x:Name="<omitted>" ID="<omitted>" Visible="True"
          Url="http://<gis server name>/arcgis/rest/services/Map_Services/AjaxOnTheMap_Basemap/MapServer">
</esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer>

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Rob

Outcomes