Custom Geocoder Invalid or Inaccessible

02-18-2014 06:57 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II
Hi.  I've created a custom "General - Single Field" locator service on our internal public-facing server servers.  However, when I try to add it to our agol organization site, I get "The geocode service URL you have entered is invalid or inaccessible."  However, I know the services on this server are accessible.  And I successfully geocode an address using the URL in a browser.  Also, the locator service works fine in ArcMap.

Does anyone know what I could look for to resolve this?  It does use https if that matters.

This is what the URL looks like (though it probably won't work if you try it as I can't keep it live):

https://gis11.services.ncdot.gov/arcgis/rest/services/Locators/NCDOT_BridgeLocator/GeocodeServer

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TunaUnsal
New Contributor III

Hi Mary,

I am facing the same problem in AG Portal. My geocoder works fine when I use it in the Geocoder Widget in Web App Builder but gives the same warning when I try to use it in Utility Services of May Portal. So I can not make use of it in the Web Maps.

Have you been able to solve it?

0 Kudos
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.  For us it turned out to be a problem with the SSL certificate on our server.  Since we were going through ArcGIS Online, they required an intermediate certificate,  I don't know if that applies to a Portal installation and configuration.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Tuna,

Is SSL enabled on your geocoding service? If so, use this link to check if there are any issues with the certificate installation: SSL Checker

If no issues come up with the certificate, then I would suggest contacting technical support to look into this issue.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
TunaUnsal
New Contributor III

Thank you for your valuable answers. I will have SSL issue checked by IT Dept. and share the result.

0 Kudos
TunaUnsal
New Contributor III

We were unable to define the reason behind the problem but could solve it by just trying the same in the server where AG Server and Portal for AG is running. We defined the very same geocoding service and did not receive any warning. Normally we were trying to add this geocoding service from another pc with a portal admin account but receiving the "The geocode service URL you have entered is invalid or inaccessible." error.

0 Kudos