ESRI StreetMap Premium Geocoding Questions

02-12-2014 09:57 PM
ChuncuiFan
New Contributor
Hi, I have two questions about geocoding using ESRI StreetMap Premium.

1. The address locator "USA_2013R1_TT_Composite" that comes in Esri StreetMap Premium gives me a 96% of success rate for geocoding my data(at the street name level).  Is there a way to improve my geocoding results?

2. Is Census Tiger among the reference data that the ESRI incorporated into creating this composite address locator or any of the address locators that come in Esri StreetMap Premium? And if not, would it help to improve the accuracy of geocoding if I create a new composite address locator based on "USA_2013R1_TT_Composite" and the Tiger reference data?

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChuncuiFan
New Contributor
/bump to get an answer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
paultsushima
New Contributor II
cfan2

1) There could be ways to improve your success rate, but it's hard to tell without seeing your unmatched addresses.  Also, when you say 'at the street name level', do you mean you're matching to the StreetAddress locator or to the actual StreetName locator?  If it's to the StreetAddress locator, 96% is pretty good, depending on how many addresses you're trying to match.  If you need more help with this, you should contact Esri Tech Support.

2) The StreetMap Premium (SMP) product you have is based soley on TomTom (TT) data, which in general is going to be much more accurate than using Tiger data.
0 Kudos
ChuncuiFan
New Contributor
Thanks! Yes, it's 96% success rate for matches at least to the StreetAddress locator.
0 Kudos