greenlaw

ArcPy 10.2.1 - Service Publishing Error

Discussion created by greenlaw on Feb 10, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 by davidbowman
Using ArcPy on Windows (via ArcGIS Desktop or iPython), I am able to successfully publish map services using the draft/stage/upload approach, however I am not able to perform the same task using ArcPy on the ArcGIS Server (Linux) machine itself.

Creating a draft and analyzing works fine, but when I attempt to stage the service (arcpy.StageService_server(...)) I'm encountering the following error:

arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.
Failed to execute (StageService).

I am using ArcGIS Server 10.2.1 for Linux (RHEL 6, x86_64)

There are several other forum posts mentioning this error message, but I've tried the advice mentioned (shortening staging/connection path names, ensuring adequate storage is available, etc.), but nothing has resolved the problem.

Since I am using the Python/ArcPy environment packaged with the ArcGIS Server machine itself, I suspect what I'm trying to do may not be possible as the ArcInfo licensing level may be required, but that's just a guess.

Is it possible to publish a service using ArcPy on the ArcGIS Server machine itself?

This seems like it should be a fairly common task for enterprise ArcGIS Server installations, since publishing large map services to a remote ArcGIS Server over the internet (not a LAN) is quite time-consuming, so it would be nice to be able to copy the MXD/data to the server manually and run the publishing locally.

Outcomes