WrapAround180 and Dynamic Services

Jump to solution
02-07-2014 12:01 PM
JamesVillanueva
New Contributor III
We publish a dynamic service and use it as our basemap layer (dynamically tiled ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer) and if this layer is the first layer into the map wrap-around is not working. I know I ran into issue before with mixing map types when I wasn't pushing LODS into the map when a Dynamic service was the base layer. I was wondering if there was just a setting I was missing similar to the LODS issue?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesVillanueva
New Contributor III
I finally found a solution although not elegant. I create a new service with a layer and ensured the definition query for the layer was 1=2. This ensures the layer was always blank. I then published the service and ensured a cache was created only at the highest cache level only. This provided me the cache I needed without the huge footprint on disk. I now use this as may first layer in all maps where an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer was the first layer. I now see these services wrap around correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesVillanueva
New Contributor III
I finally found a solution although not elegant. I create a new service with a layer and ensured the definition query for the layer was 1=2. This ensures the layer was always blank. I then published the service and ensured a cache was created only at the highest cache level only. This provided me the cache I needed without the huge footprint on disk. I now use this as may first layer in all maps where an ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer was the first layer. I now see these services wrap around correctly.
0 Kudos