Map Tour HTML Text Customizations only appearing in Builder Mode

02-06-2014 02:44 PM
JonMontgomery
New Contributor
I've been creating a story map with the Map Tour template, hosted by ESRI.  I've encountered an issue where some of my HTML text customizations such as unordered list (<ul>) only appear when in Builder Mode.  When I save the application and open it (not in builder mode) my text boxes are formatted as if they were a list but the bullets that appeared in Builder Mode are gone.  I have encountered a similar issue with a few other HTML customizations as well.  I tried on several differences browsers (Firefox, IE, Chrome) and all had the same issue except Chrome where half the bullets showed up and half didn't.  Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,
Sorry about the trouble, the issue with <ul> will be fixed by next release (planned for March 4th).
From now, there is no possible fix. I'm not aware of any other html tags causing issue, please let me know if you have more.
0 Kudos
JonMontgomery
New Contributor
Does anyone know if this has been fixed with the latest release?

Hi,
Sorry about the trouble, the issue with <ul> will be fixed by next release (planned for March 4th).
From now, there is no possible fix. I'm not aware of any other html tags causing issue, please let me know if you have more.
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
0 Kudos
JonMontgomery
New Contributor
Great.  Is there an easier way to apply the update to an already existing customized Map Tour app short of having to apply all the custom coding to the updated template files? Thanks! (Also looks like the github page for the Map Tour template is down.)
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
There is two ways of keeping up-to-date:

• Using github (fork, commit your modification to your repo and pull our repo after we release). To be able to do that you have to use the source code and not the user download.

• Split your modification into separate files or at very isolated places in index.html. Map Tour is in a stable phase, we don't change existing functionality every release so updates should be straightforward.

0 Kudos