Development & configuration w/o ArcGIS Server

02-06-2014 10:28 AM
JanetBrewster
Occasional Contributor II
Hi All,

Sorry for the basic questions -- I'm struggling with the API, and not finding good documentation to explain things at a basic level.

I want to develop something like the Parcel Viewer for our intranet, but want to be able to query APNs and addresses from our feature layer, not a geocoding service. I am using AGOL, as we do not have ArcGIS Server. Is this even possible to do? When I look at the API Reference, it looks like the classes I might want to use to do this (i.e. QueryTask, FeatureLayer, ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer) require something to do with ArcGIS Server REST. I'm interpreting this as needing ArcGIS Server in order to use these in my JS -- is this correct?

In trying to get a start and reference the Parcel Viewer code, I get directed to Github, but it's not clear to me what has the source code, since there are many documents -- I'm not sure how to make sense of it. Also, would the code I get from Github be different than the code I'd get if I did a rt click > View source on the actual application?

Thanks for any thoughts -
Janet
0 Kudos
0 Replies