RYANBOSLEY

Offline Locator

Discussion created by RYANBOSLEY on Feb 5, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2014 by krenbyte
I'm attempting to use an offline locator however I'm not getting any results when I test it in a 10.2 Android application. I've followed the instructions to create a runtime geodatabase (incl. locator) and essentially copied the code for creating and running the locator int he application. All of the necessary files are present and the locator works in ArcGIS before it's packaged as runtime content. In configuring the locator I set the option to store relative paths. Is the reference table unnecessary in this scenario because the information is stored int he .locb file? Should I try copying the reference file geodatabase feature class to the device/emulator and edit the .loc.xml file to point to it?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind. I was able to resolve the issue by copying the file geodatabase to the device. The runtime geodatabase has the following file structure on the device:

/runtime_gdb
......./data
......./locator
............./locator_dir
.................../file_gdb
........................roads feature class
...................locator files

I rebuilt the locator in the runtime geodatabase using the 'roads feature class' as a reference file using relative paths (before copying to the device).

Outcomes