|
|
|
read on..
|
|
|
|
[INDENT]10.  You don't need ten reasons.

[/INDENT]
[INDENT]4.   ArcObjects Java doesn't depend on a specific version of Eclipse.. ok. ok, unless you want to use that tired old drag and drop stuff using Visual Beans, but that isn't for Add-ins.

[/INDENT]
[INDENT]3.   The ArcObjects Java documentation is easier to find what you need.  Want to know all the Interfaces the com.esri.arcgis.carto.FeatureLayer uses? No problem. No need to play guessing games with the Interface abbreviations in the .NET docs for newcommers.

[/INDENT]
[INDENT]2.   Did I mention there is no cost associated with Eclipse IDE?  No more going to your boss and asking if we have the budget for a Visual Studio upgrade.

[/INDENT]
[INDENT]1.   Reading through the ArcObjects forums on VBA and .NET topics, you'll find yourself saying:  "I don't have that problem in Java".
[/INDENT]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoshuaChisholm
Occasional Contributor III
If you're looking for easy, I've found the Python Add-Ins to be very effective and easy to set up.
[INDENT]Note they require 10.1 or above.[/INDENT]
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
If you're looking for easy, I've found the Python Add-Ins to be very effective and easy to set up.[INDENT]Note they require 10.1 or above.[/INDENT]

I don't have that problem in Java... See what I mean?
0 Kudos
JoshuaChisholm
Haha, good point!
0 Kudos