Problem installing ArcGIS 10

01-22-2014 09:27 AM
ThomasPlant
New Contributor
I have tried several times to install ArcGIS 10 and/or 10.1.  I continue to get the same error message which prevents the installation:

Internal Error 2709.  Geocoding.dll. BDC995F2_32BB_4A4A_8555_FFD5B4D6427D

Anybody familiar with this?  Thanks.

TP
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Delete any Geo entries in registry and then follow Stuart's Sticky on how to perform a clean uninstall.
0 Kudos
ThomasPlant
New Contributor
Hi,  Thanks.  After a bit of online research, I downloaded a new version of Windows Installer and then I was able to complete the install.  Not sure if that was just a coincidence, but I think that was the fix.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
ThomasPlant
New Contributor
So, I spoke too soon.  I installed 10.2.1 okay, but it will not open.  ArcCatalog opens; but  not ArcMap.  When I try to launch the program, the ArcGIS launch screen appears, showing ArcMap.  The progress shows "Initializing License," "Initializing Application" then "loading Document" then it just disappears.  What's up?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
If you are able to open up ArcGIS Administrator, check that the license is available. If not authorize it.
0 Kudos
ThomasPlant
New Contributor
Yes, the license is installed and authorized and set to expire Jan 22 2015.

Before the ArcMap launch screen clicks off and disappears, I notice a very quick blink of the icons on my Windows desktop.  Could it be that my video card is faulty or not up to the ArcGIS requirement?  Just a guess.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Do you have FME installed?  If so, choose the Software FME product 'FME Integration Console' and extend the FME product to use ArcGIS.

Also take a look at the log file.

Go to a command prompt, type:

CD C:\Program files\ArcGIS\bin

In the bin folder, type arcmap.exe /log

This should create an arcmap.log file in your \bin folder.

This log hasn't always been helpful to me, but once in a while it gives a clue.
0 Kudos