Showing Toolbars and other

Jump to solution
01-21-2014 12:16 AM
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
HI GIS folks,
I am using arcgis online application - sample viewer and in the index.html, I have created many div elements which contains navigation toolbars, custombookmarks and so on. What happens is when I load the application, toolbars and other tools loads first before the map is loaded.

I wanted to load all the tools defined in the index.html once my map has loaded first on to my application.

Is there better way of doing this.
I also tried programmatic way creating toolbars using dojo.connect(map, "onUpdateEnd", showNavigationTool)
but, I am stuck and my application is slowing down if I do this.

Can anyone help on this.
or show some samples where this kind implementatin has been done.

thanks.

Ganesh
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
Hi Ganesh,

Are you specifically using the 'Basic Viewer' template?

If you are, are you using a webmap?

If so, you may want to look into modifying the init() function in App.js and the createMap() function in layout.js

*edit.

I noticed that a lot of threads you have made are still marked as 'unanswered.'
Some of those threads also have responses, or ask questions of you, but you did not respond.

Make sure you go back and close threads that no longer have a use!
This will encourage others to do the same (as well as encourage people to answer your future questions!)

Thanks Ganesh!

Hi John
I found the answer on my own. I created a function in layout.js that programmatically allows to add Navigation tools and custom tools.

Thank you  for help. And, also you suggested to mark answered to some of the threads, I have done for some of them, but not for all, the reason is I haven't got that thread working even with comments from gis folks. I will revisit the thread to make them answered.

Thank you for your support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Ganesh,

If so, you may want to look into modifying the init() function in App.js and the createMap() function in layout.js

*edit.

Some of those threads also have responses, or ask questions of you, but you did not respond.

This will encourage others to do the same (as well as encourage people to answer your future questions!)

Thanks Ganesh!
0 Kudos
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
Hi Ganesh,

*edit.

Thanks Ganesh!

Hi John
I found the answer on my own. I created a function in layout.js that programmatically allows to add Navigation tools and custom tools.

Thank you  for help. And, also you suggested to mark answered to some of the threads, I have done for some of them, but not for all, the reason is I haven't got that thread working even with comments from gis folks. I will revisit the thread to make them answered.

0 Kudos
GaneshSolai_Sambandam
New Contributor III
Hi John

It is working.
0 Kudos
JonathanUihlein
Esri Regular Contributor
Fantastic!

Thank you so much!!
0 Kudos