AnsweredAssumed Answered

problems with Dojo ComboBox on iPhone, Android

Question asked by deleted-user-ugCMpXci8bn5 on Jan 16, 2014
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 by schlot
I wrote a webapp that executes an ArcGIS JS query from the selections of three Dojo ComboBox dropdown menus.  The last ComboBox is populated by a Dijit ItemReadFileStore (which is populated by another ArcGIS JS query), which creates a long list of names.  I am using the JS API 3.4.

This all works fine on a desktop (and on a Windows phone), but the dropdown menu is having problems on both an iPhone (IOS6) and an Android phone (v4.2.2).  When I click the down arrow, the keyboard pops up and hides most of the dropdown (the screen does not resize for the dropdown menu), and there is no scroll bar in the dropdown list, so essentially the list choices are not accessible.

I have tried to use a native HTML select element instead of the Dojo element, but I have not been able to get the ItemReadFileStore to populate the dropdown menu this way (I just get an empty box).  This isn't idea anyway, b/c I would like if possible to keep the autocomplete functionality and the placeholders that I am now using.

I tried the Dojo FilteringSelect element, but got the same results.  I get a parse error when I tried Dijit Select. 

I have read comments online from other developers who have had problems with the Dojo ComboBox on iPhones.  I am hoping that I don't have to rewrite my query results->store->combobox dtropdown ... but any sort of workaround or ideas are appreciated!

some code:

store:

var dataItems = {
  identifier : 'name',
  label : 'name',
  items : values
 };

var menuStore = new dojo.data.ItemFileReadStore({
  data : dataItems,
  clearOnClose : true
 });

dijit.byId("schoolMenu").set("store", menuStore);

html:
<select id="Select"  forceValidOption="false"   data-dojo-type="dijit.form.ComboBox"  autoComplete="true" value="" placeholder="  Select" class="comboBoxClass1"   onchange= "setName(this)"  >

Outcomes