Is there a trick to get pinch-zoom working on maps with Firefox and Windows 7?

01-15-2014 11:20 AM
deleted-user-1T_bOHag6M8d
Occasional Contributor
I have a touchscreen monitor and I'm trying to get pinch-zoom working with maps built with the ArcGIS Javascript API. Pinch-zoom works fine on IE 10, but on Firefox, it Zooms In/Out Firefox, not the maps. In other words, "zooming in" makes the Firefox font bigger rather than zooming in on the map. Is there any trick I'm missing in either the Javascript API or Firefox configuration to get pinch-zoom to zoom in on maps?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdamKuran
New Contributor
Maybe using viewport characteristic for mobile application will help:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0">

Adam
0 Kudos
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

I have the same issue in IE 11, windows 10, Esri JS SDK 4.3

I've tried every possible <meta tag stuff I could find on the interweb. What is weird is our 3.x version works great. The same <meta tag from our 3.x version still has the 4.3 version not work. My guess is that the map never even sees the pinch and the browser does its normal sizing thing. There must be a way to shut that off.

Things I've tried:

<meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width” />

<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1,user-scalable=no" />

<meta name="viewport" content="target-densitydpi=device-dpi, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=0"/>

<meta content='width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=0' name='viewport' />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0">

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos