Enabling Locator to Work with Runtime (Offline)

Jump to solution
01-15-2014 08:35 AM
StevenEnsing
New Contributor III
Hi All,
I'm using ArcGIS 10.2.1 Desktop to create a locator that I want to use with an ArcGIS Runtime App (iOS).
According to the geocoding section in "What's new at 10.2.1", you are able to do this: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/What_s_new_in_ArcGIS_10_2_1/016w0000005v000000/
However, that's the only place where I can find any information about how to build a locator that can be used with ArcGIS Runtime. According to the iOS API help, a 'locb' file should be created along with the usual 'loc', loc.xml, and .lox files when enabling a locator to work with Runtime. https://developers.arcgis.com/en/ios/guide/locator-task.htm. However, this isn't happening, as I only get the 'loc', loc.xml, and .lox files.
In addition, when I create a locator in 10.2.1, within the locator's properties, the locator version is shown as 10.2.
It looks to me like this functionality is still not yet available, can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks,
Steve
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristaHash
Esri Contributor
Steve,

In order to use Runtime related tools, you need to first enable Runtime Tools in ArcMap. To do so, click on the "Customize" button in  the toolbar and navigate to "ArcMap Options." A dialog should open with several tabs. Click on the tab for "Sharing." Then, under "Packaging," click the check box next to "Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools."

Once this is done, you should be able to package a locator for Runtime, using the following steps:

• Add a locator to your map document

• Save your map document

• Click File>Share As>Runtime Content

• In the dialog that opens, navigate to "Locator"

• Click "Use a locator from the current map"

• Select your locator

• Click "Share"

**Be aware that your locator will clip to the extent in which you save your map.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

-Christa Hash

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristaHash
Esri Contributor
Steve,

In order to use Runtime related tools, you need to first enable Runtime Tools in ArcMap. To do so, click on the "Customize" button in  the toolbar and navigate to "ArcMap Options." A dialog should open with several tabs. Click on the tab for "Sharing." Then, under "Packaging," click the check box next to "Enable ArcGIS Runtime Tools."

Once this is done, you should be able to package a locator for Runtime, using the following steps:

• Add a locator to your map document

• Save your map document

• Click File>Share As>Runtime Content

• In the dialog that opens, navigate to "Locator"

• Click "Use a locator from the current map"

• Select your locator

• Click "Share"

**Be aware that your locator will clip to the extent in which you save your map.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

-Christa Hash
0 Kudos
StevenEnsing
New Contributor III
Thanks for your help, Christa!
That was exactly what I was looking for.
Have a good day,
Steve
0 Kudos