Does field enricher (feature service) work with GUID field type?

01-14-2014 08:10 AM
MarkCollins
Occasional Contributor
When I attempt to use a field enricher and select a GUID field, either ObjectID or a custom GUID field, was the join field it does not appear in the list. Does the field enricher work with GUID fields at all?

I'm trying to create Geo fences that use the guid as the name and then do a field enricher join based on the guid to append data from the geo fence.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Mark -
Does the field enricher work with GUID fields

No, the Field Enricher processor has restrictions on which fields can be used to join the event's table/schema to the enrichment's table/schema. Currently the field type in the published feature service must be one of esriFieldTypeInteger or esriFieldTypeString. (The data type esriFieldTypeSmallInteger may also work, but I've not been able to verify that).

I'm trying to create Geo fences that use the guid as the name and then do a field enricher join based on the guid to append data from the geo fence.

I'd recommend that you try using a Field Calculator to create a String equivalent of your GUID in a new field. You might then be able to join the event's STRING to an enrichment table's GUID. If that does not work you'll have to rework your event data and the attribute data of your GeoFence to use Strings and Integer values for enrichment.

- RJ
0 Kudos