2D cross sections with XS2D Wizard - wizard will not run looking for guidence

01-11-2014 07:04 PM
Labels (1)
RachealJones
New Contributor
I'm trying to create cross sections with the subsurface analyst tools. They have worked for me in the past but now the wizard will not run. I push the icon on the toolbar and it thinks for a second and then no dialog box comes up. The first time I ran these it was on 10.0.

Because I know this can work I went to the Aquaveo tutorial named "Creating 2D Cross Sections" and downloaded the zip to complete the exercise. The tutorial will not run the XS2D wizard either. The tutorial has many inconsistencies with 10.2, do you know if 10.2 that is my issue?

The only thing that I can think of is that I went to "upgrade geodatabase" per the tutorial instructions, intended for 10.0. I assumed I would need to do that for 10.2 as well.

Please let me know if you have a solution.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RachealJones
New Contributor
Issue solved! The XS2D Wizard was working the whole time but I couldn't see it!! After the cross section is selected and the button for the wizard is pushed the pointer arrow will change to thin cross hairs. When you see the thin cross hairs select the cross section you want to create again and the wizard will run.

Also, the Aquaveo technical staff was really awesome in helping me troubleshoot. It sounds like some of the tutorials posted on the website will be reviewed and updated soon.
0 Kudos