Snap raster is not honored

01-10-2014 01:39 PM
toddsams
New Contributor III
I have successfully used snap raster in Environment Settings on numerous occasions to be sure my rasters are aligned properly. I have done this in the extract by mask, resample, and copy raster tools (to name a few).

However, I have one particular raster data set that will NOT snap to the raster specified in snap raster Environment Settings!

They are elevation data from the National Elevation Dataset, which I have worked with many times. I tried setting snap raster within multiple tools, none will snap.

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
is everything in the same projection/coordinate system?
0 Kudos
toddsams
New Contributor III
Doh! I had been using the wrong version of the snap raster data set... an older version with the same file name stored in a slightly different folder location. All is working fine now.
0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Also just to double tap this, when running any Geoprocessing tool, be sure to check the Help documentation to see which environment settings are being recognized by the tool.  Not all tools recognize the same settings, so while you may be setting the snap raster for every tool in Spatial Analyst, not every tool will respect it.  You can set every environment setting, but only a few are recognized bycertain geoprocessing tools.
0 Kudos