mark@4qtrs.net

Synchronized GeoFences not updating correctly

Discussion created by mark@4qtrs.net on Jan 10, 2014
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2014 by rsunderman-esristaff
I'm trying to add a synchronized geofence for a feature service that currently only has two items. In the geofences section of the manager its only showing one of the fences. Any idea why its not reading in all my fences? (Both items have similar data and geometry, but different data in the geofence Name field. The geometry is not overlapping.) I found this error in the GEP log:

Unclassified error updating the geofences from server arcgis in service CameraPresets. java.lang.NullPointerException at com.esri.ges.processor.geotagger.GeoTagger.update(GeoTagger.java:352)[266:com.esri.ges.framework.processor.geotagger-processor:10.2.0] at java.util.Observable.notifyObservers(Observable.java:159)[:1.7.0_17] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.notifyObservers(AoiManagerImpl.java:240)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.notifyObservers(AoiManagerImpl.java:471)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.updateAoi(AoiManagerImpl.java:194)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.addOrUpdateGeofences(AoiManagerImpl.java:462)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.registerGeofences(AoiManagerImpl.java:441)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at com.esri.ges.manager.aoi.internal.AoiManagerImpl.run(AoiManagerImpl.java:340)[299:com.esri.ges.manager.internal-aoimanager:10.2.0] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)[:1.7.0_17]

Another question: When creating synchronized geofences is it better to point it at the MapServer or FeatureServer endpoint?

My ultimate goal is to have a user editable feature service of geofences which are used by GEP via syncing.

Thanks,
Mark

Outcomes