running a regression in model builder?

01-09-2014 06:08 AM
RafiqBasaria
New Contributor II
Hello all. I was asked to look into something at work, and I'm not really sure where to even start...

We have a tool that runs a regression based on demographic data for rings and trade areas of a specific point. The work flow works like this...

Trade area created based on Census tracts. Brought into ArcMap.
Rings created for that specific point at 1, 3, 5 miles.
Pull demographic data for rings and trade area.
Input demographic data, as well as other data, into 3 Excel spreadsheets that reside in the same workbook. This is the regression.
Regression gives a report detailing how each type of demographic data input into the model effects the overall model result.
Report is given to the person who requested the model to be run on that specific site.

Is this something that can be created in Modelbuilder?

Thanks!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello all. I was asked to look into something at work, and I'm not really sure where to even start...

We have a tool that runs a regression based on demographic data for rings and trade areas of a specific point. The work flow works like this...

Trade area created based on Census tracts. Brought into ArcMap.
Rings created for that specific point at 1, 3, 5 miles.
Pull demographic data for rings and trade area.
Input demographic data, as well as other data, into 3 Excel spreadsheets that reside in the same workbook. This is the regression.
Regression gives a report detailing how each type of demographic data input into the model effects the overall model result.
Report is given to the person who requested the model to be run on that specific site.

Is this something that can be created in Modelbuilder?

Thanks!!

Hi Rafiq,

At the point where the data is being dumped to Excel are there calculations being performed that are comparing the data from separate tabs?  Up to that point it appears pretty straight forward as far as a model being created for that part of the work flow.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos