Toggle Legend On and Off

01-08-2014 09:48 AM
MichaelParolin
New Contributor
I have created a map with two layers through ArcGIS Online.  They are the same layer and data points as I copied the layer. 
The first layer I used Unique Symbols for one variable A, and the second layer Unique Symbols for variable B.

However when I save and share the map and display the legend there is no option to toggle the legend layers on or off, so only the top layer is visible on the map, but both layers are displayed in the legend.

Is there an easy way to allow for each legend entry to be toggled on and off or would some custom coding be required?

Thx!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
JessicaKnight1
New Contributor III
I am wondering the same. I see no toggles in any templates but would like to be able to toggle layers on and off. I have a similar setup I would like to implement - One layer loaded twice using different symbologies for each. I saw there is a toggle dropdown on one template, but I'm going for very easy to use with no explanations to the end user. A toggle in the ToC itself would be perfect.
0 Kudos
KatarinaHayek
New Contributor
I am also looking to toggle layers on and off in the legend. It would be great if a template in ArcGIS Online allowed for this!
0 Kudos