Label Points yet?

01-07-2014 12:35 PM
ScottieWilson
New Contributor II
Can we label points with the {name} yet?

Thanks,
Scottie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
TristoneZhang
New Contributor
I don't get what you mean exactly.
After 'labelPointsComplete', you'll get a collection of points from the event. You can put whatever contents at these labelpoints.
0 Kudos
ScottieWilson
New Contributor II
I have lots of points, and when i pan around i would like to have them labeled with the NAME (column) so that i know what i'm looking at. Same for polygons features (buildings and such). I would like to have them labeled with the attributed data so i know what i'm looking at. I know you can hover over each item and the data pops-out, but that is not like a real map.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Scottie,

You can add text map notes now, and we're working to provide labeling in a near future release.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Ballpark idea on what a near future release means Andrew?
0 Kudos
ScottieWilson
New Contributor II
Hi Scottie,

You can add text map notes now, and we're working to provide labeling in a near future release.

Cheers,
Andrew

I hope its quick, because i'm bidding a new Job and "Other" cloud based software already does this. And my other contracts are getting renewed and I need to have my features labeled dynamically. My clients do not understand why it is a pain to label a feature on the map. I really like ArcGIS Online, and do not want to change, but this puts ya'll far behind in my opinion.

Thanks for your help,
Scottie
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Shooting for either March or June.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos
ScottieWilson
New Contributor II
Shooting for either March or June.

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks Andrew.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Has there been a recent updated release of ArcGIS Online?

If so, does this release contain the ability to label features dynamically?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Michael,

ArcGIS Online was updated on Tuesday March 4th, Labeling features was not included in this release. We anticipate being able to implement this in June.

Cheers,
Andrew
0 Kudos