Features not visible on Map

12-30-2013 11:12 AM
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi,

I have created a multi display operational view but for some reason the features of AGOL hosted feature services are not visible on map .
Everything else seems to be working fine- I can see the basemap,Map Contents widget shows all the available layers, the feature description widget loads with all the features , zoom/highlight are also working, its just that the features are not visible.

Is there any configuration which has to be made in AGOL or OD to make the features visible in the view ? In webmap , these features appear OK and I already tried changing the symbols and re-installing OD with no luck.

Any help please...

Thanks
Sandeep
0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi,

Could you please share your web map and op view. Send me the link to both please.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi Carol,

Thanks ...I have just sent you the message with urls for both view and webmaps.
Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks
Sandeep
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Sandeep,

I just emailed you something to try regarding the accelerated display. Let me know if that works or not.

Carol
0 Kudos
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
Hi Carol,

It Worked ! 🙂

As you instructed, I disabled the accelerated display in the OD app and now the features are visible.
Although I am not completely sure how it worked. I guess it might be due to unsupported marker symbols being used in the feature layer or some hardware constraint or for some other reasons?

Thank you very much for the help!

Regards,
Sandeep

Here are the steps for the fix, which you mentioned in the mail.

The way to get to this config file is by running your dashboard app.
Go to task manager and right click on Operationsdashboard.vshost.exe
Click on go to file location
Search and Open the file "operationsdashboard.exe.config"

Seach for <appSettings> and add this line below and save the file.

<add key="useAcceleratedDisplay" value="false" />

Close and relaunch dashboard and try opening your op view.
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Its most likely a limitation with your graphics card. I was able to open the op view and see the features on the map widget. What are the specs of your system. Interested to know what type of graphics card you have. If you have someone else in your org with a newer machine could you try opening the same op view there but without that line added to the config file. It would be a good test too.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
SandeepKumar5
New Contributor II
I think you are right.It must be graphic card as that system is old and might not even have it. I will check on other systems as well, without altering the config .
Thanks again!

Regards
Sandeep
0 Kudos