Enabling popups in the Map Tour Story maps

Jump to solution
12-26-2013 10:31 AM
SophieDe_Beukelaer
New Contributor
Hello,

I've developed a story map but when I publish the map as an app using the Storytelling Map Tour Template hosted in ESRI's cloud, the popups are not enabled.  Since I'm not a web developer, a custom app might not be within reach.  Would it be possible to add enabling popups as a setting in the hosted template?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Sophie
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

The Story Map Tour app template doesn't support popups. It's something we might add in future but we wanted to keep the user experience of the Map Tour really simple and streamlined.

There's an entry in Esri Ideas site for popups in map tours if you'd like to vote up that enhancement:
ArcGIS Idea - popup in Map Tour

If you want to give people a tour-like experience but with full support for popups, you could use the Story Map Journal. Using Story Map Journal gives you a lot more flexibility than Story Map Tour: you can zoom in on the map as people go through your tour, switch to a different maps, use clickable main stage actions in the section text to open up popups on your map or change extent, etc, etc. For example, check out this example:

http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2014/brazil-beyond-the-stadiums/

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

The Story Map Tour app template doesn't support popups. It's something we might add in future but we wanted to keep the user experience of the Map Tour really simple and streamlined.

There's an entry in Esri Ideas site for popups in map tours if you'd like to vote up that enhancement:
ArcGIS Idea - popup in Map Tour

If you want to give people a tour-like experience but with full support for popups, you could use the Story Map Journal. Using Story Map Journal gives you a lot more flexibility than Story Map Tour: you can zoom in on the map as people go through your tour, switch to a different maps, use clickable main stage actions in the section text to open up popups on your map or change extent, etc, etc. For example, check out this example:

http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2014/brazil-beyond-the-stadiums/

Rupert

0 Kudos