AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to register geodatabase with ArcGIS Server

Question asked by uscompbrett on Dec 26, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 26, 2013 by nidhinkn
My Problem:
When I tried to publish a feature service to the server using OS authentication.  I received Error 00090: Feature service requires a registered database.  When I tried registering a connection to the geodatabase using OS authentication I received an error saying "Machine: <machine name>[<connection name>: The connection property set was missing a required property or the property value was unrecognized.  Bad login user]".

My Setup:
My geodatabase is SQL Server 2008 R2.  I'm using ArcMap 10.2 and ArcGIS for server 10.2.  I created my geodatabase using the "Create Enterprise Geodatabase" tool and I created it with an SDE-owned schema.  I created two users with the "Create Database User" tool.  One of them was a SQL authenticated user and the other was my OS authenticated user.  I assigned both of them the same role and both logins are capable of connecting to the geodatabase and can create/edit datasets and feature classes properly.

My Confusion:
The SQL authenticated user can register a connection to the geodatabase on the ArcGIS server, however, for some reason, the OS authenticated user cannot.  Are there some extra permissions I need to give my OS authenticated user in order for it to be able to register a geodatabase?

Outcomes