AnsweredAssumed Answered

How can I populate XY fields using values from the geometry field in DB2?

Question asked by geohaskett on Dec 19, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2014 by geohaskett
In a nutshell, I am trying to figure out how I can update LAT/LONG fields by reading from the geometry field of a spatially extended DB2 table using triggers outside of the ArcGIS environment.

In other words, I have a point feature class located within a DB2 SDE Enterprise geodatabase.  End users will update the feature class by manually moving the points to their corrected locations.  I would like then, for a trigger to initiate updating the original Lat/Long fields within the table in question.  In theory I should be able to read this values for the geometry field of the table itself.

I recently found the following article which explains how to automatically create and maintain a spatially enabled table from the data within the Lat/Long columns of a DB2 table.  Basically it explains how to take the columns in question and create a new spatial table or point feature class.  I want to be able to reverse this process.

From what I gather, there is a ST_Point subclass that appears to store the geometry information.  I would like to read from that and update my Lat/Long fields.

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0604uleman/#download

Any suggestions?

I am using ArcGIS 10.2 and the latest IBM database software.

Thanks,

Outcomes