Hummingbirds123

How to get information about geodatabase schema?

Discussion created by Hummingbirds123 on Dec 18, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 by Hummingbirds123
Hello, your post was an interesting thing to find today. I have not read your attachments yet, but I think they may not answer a question I seek an answer to. I am writing to you because you may have expertise to help me.

I am working on an asset inventory geodatabase for a rural domestic water systems group. I am  using ArcGIS 10.1, but need to communicate with my client about what I am doing, and need something i can show him so we can discuss design issues. My client does not use ArcMap or Arc Catalog, and is too busy to come to the place where I work to look at my monitor. So, I need to give him papers or email him docs he can read in common forms...Pdfs, Microsoft apps. 

I am wondering what is the best/easiest way to present/print information about my geodatabase schema. Currently I am entering info about feature classes and domains into an Excell spreadsheet, but am unhappy with how much work that is and how it is a process which requires additional synchronizing work any time I edit the schema. 

If you have any tips or can direct me to good info please do.
Thanks,
Adrienne

Outcomes