Find Nearest Failed

12-16-2013 10:55 PM
TsanKolev1
New Contributor
I have a problem when I want to run find nearest analysis between two hosted features services. The first error I received was Invalid item ${id} Invalid item ${id} Find Nearest failed. after I refreshed the screen I get 'Find Nearest failed.' all the time I try to run the tool. Any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
Are these hosted feature services shared publicly? If so, can you share the URLs with us so we can test?

Do you have your language and regional settings set to anything other than English in your AGOL organization settings?

Do you get the same problem when running the analysis from a different browser?
0 Kudos
TsanKolev1
New Contributor
Thank you for your reply.

The hosted services are private and the language and regional settings are set to English. I tried running the analysis from IE 10, IE 9 and Chrome and got the same result.

What I could figure out is that the problem comes from one specific feature service.

P.S. Something else strange is that often when I run Find Nearest with 'Limit the search range to' box unchecked, it doesn't draw the lines for some features.

All hosted features services are shared from ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2.
0 Kudos
DennisJarrard
Esri Contributor
I understand. I'll be happy to test this if you can share a file geodatabase with a copy of the data. I'll publish it to AGOL and see if I get the same problem. Are there a lot of features in these services? Keep in mind that the service can only return 1000 features at a time, even in Geoprocessing tasks, so that may be related to why some features don't seem to draw or get processed.
0 Kudos
KrisReinertson1
New Contributor III

I'm running into the same problem. Both feature services I'm using have under the 1,000 feature maximum. I'm only looking for one nearby feature per feature, so I'm definitely under the 100 maximum for number of nearest locations. I have network analysis privilege. When I filtered for only one feature and ran the tool to find its nearby feature, it ran smoothly. Now, when I try running the tool on all 900+ features, I receive an Error message saying "Error   Find Nearest Failed."

Here are the parameters I'm setting for the tool:

1. Selected Feature Service of starting point features

2. Selected Feature Services of potential nearest locations (point features)

3. Drive Time

Use traffic Enabled

Traffic based on typical conditions for Monday 12:00 PM

4. For each location in the input layer

Limit the number of nearest locations to: 1  Enabled

Limit the search range to Disabled  (Also tried enabling this and still received Error message)

5. Layer name provided

Include route layer Disabled

Use current map extent Disabled

Please help.

0 Kudos