Admin viewing of user items post 12/10 update

Jump to solution
12-11-2013 08:55 AM
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Hi,

Before yesterday's update, as an Admin, I could use the Members list under My Organization and view a user's items. This view showed me their entire folder structure, and I could drill into any folders they have created.

Now, I need to select the user and view the Items associated with that user. What this seems to do is just perform an advanced query of owner:<username>, which means I can't see the folder structure they have employed. I'm just presented with a very long list of their items, which can be sorted in various ways. 

Was this an intentional change, and if so, what was the reason? Or is there a way to retrieve the user's Items the old way that I am just not seeing?

Thanks,
Susan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Susan,

There was a minor bug that we already fixed related to the update that affected this. You should be able to manage your users items as an Admin, just like before.

Thank you,
Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Susan,

There was a minor bug that we already fixed related to the update that affected this. You should be able to manage your users items as an Admin, just like before.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Hi Andrew,

I'm still seeing the same behavior, so I don't think I'm describing what I'm seeing very well. Before the upgrade, you could see a user's folder structure, like the screen shot. Now, as an admin, I just see the items they own all in one long list, as if I had done an advanced search of owner:<username>.

It was easier for us to see their items in a user's folder structure. For example, if they created items they wanted us to review, they could put them into one folder. We only then needed to know the folder name, not every item name, or guess at how they tagged the items.

Thanks,
Susan
0 Kudos
SusanMoore
New Contributor III
Thanks, Andrew! I needed to clear my browser cache to see the fix.

Susan
0 Kudos