Identify for offline

Jump to solution
12-11-2013 02:51 AM
teamIgal
New Contributor III
Hello,

Is there a way to do IdentifyTask in an offline app? Meaning - without URL.

If not, is there a workaround to identify features from layers?

Thanks,
Team Igal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonKnisley
Occasional Contributor
On your MapView you can set an OnSingleTapListener, and then in your listener's onSingleTap()  method iterate through your layers and call getGraphicIDs() with the x and y from the tap plus whatever tolerance is appropriate (I recommend starting with a tolerance of 15 and adjusting as necessary).

That is assuming that your layers are of type GraphicsLayer or ArcGISFeatureLayer. If you are using the new FeatureLayer class (just introduced in 10.2) then getFeatureIDs() is the equivalent method to use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonKnisley
Occasional Contributor
On your MapView you can set an OnSingleTapListener, and then in your listener's onSingleTap()  method iterate through your layers and call getGraphicIDs() with the x and y from the tap plus whatever tolerance is appropriate (I recommend starting with a tolerance of 15 and adjusting as necessary).

That is assuming that your layers are of type GraphicsLayer or ArcGISFeatureLayer. If you are using the new FeatureLayer class (just introduced in 10.2) then getFeatureIDs() is the equivalent method to use.
0 Kudos
teamIgal
New Contributor III

Thank you very much, i will try to do that!
0 Kudos