A couple of questions

12-08-2013 12:00 PM
Labels (1)
AndrewJones1
New Contributor
A couple of HeatmapLayer questions :

1) Can you load a bitmap to act as a custom heatmap scale?
2) Can you provide a value for each XY location?

And a non heatmap question.

Can I load in a KML multi-point line (lets say 1000m long in total) which I'll show in 'zoomed out' mode. I then need to split this into 1000 individual lines (of 1m each) so I can colour code each 1m section. This colour coded version will be displayed when zoomed in. How can I split a line into a number of equal sections.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DominiqueBroux
Esri Frequent Contributor
A couple of HeatmapLayer questions :

1) Can you load a bitmap to act as a custom heatmap scale?
2) Can you provide a value for each XY location?

HeatMapLayer is designed to create an image from graphic positions.
If you want to deal directly with images, it seems more an image service matter.

And a non heatmap question.

Can I load in a KML multi-point line (lets say 1000m long in total) which I'll show in 'zoomed out' mode. I then need to split this into 1000 individual lines (of 1m each) so I can colour code each 1m section. This colour coded version will be displayed when zoomed in. How can I split a line into a number of equal sections.

You can create programmaticaly a graphics layer with splitted lines. Then you can set the minimum/maximum resolution of both layers to see one layer when zoomed in and another layer when zoomed out.

To split lines in segment, you can look at this Linear Referencing sample (Silverlight sample but WPF should be closed)
0 Kudos