How publish/consume Network Dataset on iOS without ArcGIS for Server?

12-04-2013 12:49 PM
StevenKitterman1
New Contributor II
I am looking to use a network dataset in an iOS app I'm making using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. As I understand it, I can either access a hosted network analysis service or have one locally on the device. Because I do not have ArcGIS for Server, I have been unable to do either.

Publishing files to arcgis.com : arcgis.com can't currently publish a "complex feature" like a network dataset, to my understanding.

Storing files on device: The files to be put on the device are the .tn folder files and a .geodatabase file, but I have yet to find documentation on how to create these files from a network dataset in ArcMap. I have read that one way is to pull down the files from ArcGIS for server (but I don't have server, and if I did I could have hosted them).

Without ArcGIS for Server, is there any way I can upload a network dataset to arcgis.com or convert a network dataset to the .tn and .geodatabase files? Is there any documentation for the .geodatabase or .tn folder structure (if I have to code the conversion myself)?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
ArcGIS Desktop v10.2.1 will have tools to allow you to package your network datasets into the runtime format (.tn & .geodatabase).You wont need to go through ArcGIS Server. 10.2.1 Desktop isn't available yet, but you  contact your Esri representative if you would like to participate in the EAP (early access program)
0 Kudos
StevenKitterman1
New Contributor II
ArcGIS Desktop v10.2.1 will have tools to allow you to package your network datasets into the runtime format (.tn & .geodatabase).You wont need to go through ArcGIS Server. 10.2.1 Desktop isn't available yet, but you  contact your Esri representative if you would like to participate in the EAP (early access program)

Divesh: Thanks for your help. I am a student, so I doubt I'd be able to get on the EAP by myself (as the software is owned by the university, and not me). Is there a way to participate in the EAP to get a 30-day trial of 10.2.1? This would be an option for me, as I could download it on my personal computer.

Alternatively,  do you know of any documentation ESRI has put out for the .tn or .geodatabase files, if I were to build them manually?
0 Kudos