Linear Referencing not working? (Locate features along routes)

12-03-2013 08:15 AM
BobbySaleh
New Contributor
Hello and good day!
I am trying to do a simple 'Locate Features Along Route' operation and am getting a blank table with no features.  The same operation is yielding perfect results when running against other featureclasses, however, for some reason it does not work with the NHD flowlines fc.  Some of the things I have tried include:
*re-projecting the lines and route and attempting to run the tool
*clipping the NHD flowlines to within 1 mile of the route
*flattening the NHD lines from ZM enabled polylines to regular polylines.

I am not sure what else to try?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RichardFairhurst
MVP Honored Contributor
Hello and good day!
I am trying to do a simple 'Locate Features Along Route' operation and am getting a blank table with no features.  The same operation is yielding perfect results when running against other featureclasses, however, for some reason it does not work with the NHD flowlines fc.  Some of the things I have tried include:
*re-projecting the lines and route and attempting to run the tool
*clipping the NHD flowlines to within 1 mile of the route
*flattening the NHD lines from ZM enabled polylines to regular polylines.

I am not sure what else to try?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

When this behavior occurs to me, sometimes I select features in both the Routes and the overlay features prior to running the tool.  That usually fixes it.  Not sure what the cause is.  It seems to occur most frequently after I have joined data and broken the join prior to running the tool on that data, but it is not consistent.
0 Kudos
BobbySaleh
New Contributor
Thank you so much for the response.  Unfortunately I tried that and it did not work either.  I am not sure what other options I might be able to try?!
0 Kudos