TxDOT Microstation Files

12-03-2013 06:07 AM
jessevalles
New Contributor
Hello everyone,

I have a microstation file that it is created from a seed file obtain from the Department of Transportation of Texas, in the Survey Manual the state that they use " Datum
All geodetic surveying with GPS will be done in the NAD83 horizontal datum. An adjustment was done in Texas (using GPS), which resulted in the 1993 HARN network. The network was extended to nearly all old, conventionally surveyed federal monumentation. Projects should be referenced to the published HARN coordinates of NGS monumentation."

I have tried several coordinate systems such as:

NAD 1983
NAD 1983 (2011)
NAD 1983 (CSRS)
NAD 1983 (NSRS2007)
NAD 1983 HARN

and none of them seem to work. I am working in El Paso Texas area which corresponds to
NAD_1983_NSRS2007_StatePlane_Texas_Central_FIPS_4203_Ft_US

when I select this coordinate system and lands close to the actual locations with a +/- distance of 1000 ft.

Thanks in advanced!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor
I have no idea what could be the problem but it's not the choice of geographic coordinate system. The difference between the various NAD 1983 re-adjustments in Texas is sub-foot, so there's some other issue occurring.

I wish I could be of more help,
Melita
0 Kudos
AngelaLivingston
New Contributor II
Hello everyone,

I have a microstation file that it is created from a seed file obtain from the Department of Transportation of Texas, in the Survey Manual the state that they use " Datum
All geodetic surveying with GPS will be done in the NAD83 horizontal datum. An adjustment was done in Texas (using GPS), which resulted in the 1993 HARN network. The network was extended to nearly all old, conventionally surveyed federal monumentation. Projects should be referenced to the published HARN coordinates of NGS monumentation."

I have tried several coordinate systems such as:

NAD 1983
NAD 1983 (2011)
NAD 1983 (CSRS)
NAD 1983 (NSRS2007)
NAD 1983 HARN

and none of them seem to work. I am working in El Paso Texas area which corresponds to
NAD_1983_NSRS2007_StatePlane_Texas_Central_FIPS_4203_Ft_US

when I select this coordinate system and lands close to the actual locations with a +/- distance of 1000 ft.

Thanks in advanced!

Most of the time TXDOT data is in surface coordinates.  So if your dgn has elements in it, they will need to reprojected by the scale factor.  I can't recall what it is out towards El Paso. But they should have that information somewhere.  I hope this helps.
0 Kudos