Educational account for ArcGIS online?

Jump to solution
12-02-2013 06:20 AM
StevenKitterman1
New Contributor II
I am a university student studying Geography-GIS. I am making an iOS app using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS that uses feature services (like a network dataset and points layers) that need to be hosted somewhere. Ideally, I would like to host them on my arcgis.com site. As I currently have a public account, I am able to host maps and tile packages, but I am not able to host services.

Is there any way to get an educational account for ArcGIS online that allows for hosting services? The app I'm making is for class, will be published to the Apple App Store, but will be free.

Sometime in the past, I have used a 30-day trial of argisonline, so I can't use that trial version.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Steven,

you can sign up for a developer account, that one is permanent and gives you the same options that the 30 day trial gives. The only difference is that you will have fewer credits to spent, but it should be enough.

Hope this helps!

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Steven,

you can sign up for a developer account, that one is permanent and gives you the same options that the 30 day trial gives. The only difference is that you will have fewer credits to spent, but it should be enough.

Hope this helps!

Tim
0 Kudos