How to calculate the specified region area with raster in arcgis engine?

11-29-2013 08:10 PM
kju
by
New Contributor III
use the "Image classification" we can classify the raster image by "supervised classification",but how to calculate their area?I mean that,If the classification number is 4,and How can I calculate each of the four item area?
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
ZonalStatisticsAsTable (needs SpatialAnalyst) should get the Sum of all cells for each zone (value.)  Multiply the number of cells by the area of a single cell and you have the area of each zone.  The Zonal toolbox has other functions you might want to look at to do similar things.  If no spatial analyst, write code to count the number of cells of each value and multiply by area of single cell.
0 Kudos
kju
by
New Contributor III
ZonalStatisticsAsTable (needs SpatialAnalyst) should get the Sum of all cells for each zone (value.)  Multiply the number of cells by the area of a single cell and you have the area of each zone.  The Zonal toolbox has other functions you might want to look at to do similar things.  If no spatial analyst, write code to count the number of cells of each value and multiply by area of single cell.

Thanks for your response,I will try the way you give,Can I have another question?If I want to imitate the supervise classification in envi,and I want to implement it by arcgis engine C#,I mean that,I seems not that easy to analyst the change of two image,Isn't it?
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
I am sorry I am not familiar with envi.  It is best to create a new post for new questions, that way it can get the attention of more knowledgeable people.
0 Kudos