GeoEvent Processor Incoming Stream Stops For No Reason

11-26-2013 09:55 AM
BrianNemec
New Contributor
I have been experiencing a problem over the last several weeks where my incoming connector into GEP stops (drops to 0) but there should actually be messages coming in.  It stays in this state until i go through a hard process of getting it going again.  I initially tried to restart the Input but that did not work.  Then i tried to restart the GEP service and that did not work.  I then restarted the server and that did not work.  It wasn't until i restarted the server then restarted the GEP service that the stream of data continued coming in.  I have no idea what is going on.  There seems to be no commonality between the times this has happened.  I have verified that nothing on our network closed or stopped the connection.  Any ideas?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RJSunderman
Esri Regular Contributor
Hello Brian -

Can you provide us with some additional information?  I'm assuming that you are using ArcGIS for Server 10.2 with the 10.2.0 release of GeoEvent Processor. Are you on a Windows system?

What input connector are you using? Is it one of the out-of-the-box connectors? Have you customized a connector to use an out-of-the-box adapter and transport, or are there components customized using the SDK in play here? Can you describe the source of the event messages you are receiving, what if any filtering or processing is taking place, and describe the output connector you are using to send the event data out from GEP?

- RJ
0 Kudos
BrianNemec
New Contributor
Hi there RJ.

To answer some of your questions:

I am using ArcGIS Server version 10.2.3370.
I am using ArcGIS GeoEvent Processor version 10.2.3371.
This is a 64-bit Windows Server 2008r2 box with 8GB of RAM and 8 cores.

I am actually using an input connector that was built by the GEP team there at ESRI to connect with NetworkFleet.  We have a basic filter once the stream enters to filter out by VIN number.  The data then goes through an "enrichment" process to add additional data to the stream.  It is finally sent to a websocket output and writes to 2 feature classes.  No errors are received when the problem happens.  i only know when i look at the GEP Manager and see that my input is sitting at zero.

Brian
0 Kudos