Publishing GeoProcessing services using ArcGIS online

Jump to solution
11-21-2013 02:25 AM
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II
Is it possible to host a GeoProcessing service on ArcGIS online. We have an organizational account of ArcGIS online and I wish to host Extract Data GeoProcessing service on that. However when I do Share As-> GeoProcessing service , I am not able to see my ArcGIS online server name in the available connections.

Thanks
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can't publish geoprocessing services to ArcGIS Online, you can only publish them to ArcGIS Server.  The Extract Data analysis tool under Manage Data within ArcGIS Online could be an alternative, though:

Extract Data:
With this tool, you can select and download data for a specified area of interest. Layers that you select will be added to a zip file or layer package.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor
You can't publish geoprocessing services to ArcGIS Online, you can only publish them to ArcGIS Server.  The Extract Data analysis tool under Manage Data within ArcGIS Online could be an alternative, though:

Extract Data:
With this tool, you can select and download data for a specified area of interest. Layers that you select will be added to a zip file or layer package.