View Lock and Zoom

11-20-2013 03:43 AM
ChuckTurlington
Occasional Contributor II
Hello,

I am new to ArcMap 10.1 and have two basic questions.  I was editing an existing figure that someone else designed.  I noticed that when I try to zoom-into the template title the view scale changed.  Is there a way to"lock" the view? Also, is there a way to zoom-in close to the title frame for editing?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulBeurskens
New Contributor III
Hi

Don't know if you are still looking for an answer but if you want to fix a specific view you can create a bookmark of the original view.
This saves the extent and zoom, so after you are done you can select the bookmark and it will automatically go to the saved extent.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//00660000043s000000

Gr Paul
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III

I am new to ArcMap 10.1 and have two basic questions.  I was editing an existing figure that someone else designed.  I noticed that when I try to zoom-into the template title the view scale changed.  Is there a way to"lock" the view? Also, is there a way to zoom-in close to the title frame for editing?

Your question is not well focussed. I'm not sure whether this is what you require.

Scale can be set to 'Fixed Scale' through Data Frame. Use 'Zoom In' tool in Layout Toolbar, to Zoom in close to the Title.
0 Kudos